2017 © F. A. Davis Company
Barbara A. Gylys MEd, CMA-A (AAMA); Mary Ellen Wedding MEd, MT(ASCP), CMA (AAMA), CPC (AAPC)
ISBN-10: 0-8036-5867-2 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-5867-7
eISBN-13: 978-0-8036-3913-3 / eISBN: 0-8036-3913-9
Anatomy, Basic Sciences, Nursing
A word building and body systems approach!
A true blend of words, art, and technology, Medical Terminology Systems + The Medical Language Lab 2.0 work together to create an immersive, multimedia experience that tracks your progress until you’ve mastered the language of medicine.
Medical Terminology Systems, 8th Edition
You’ll begin by learning the parts of words roots, combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes. Then, use your understanding of word parts to learn medical terminology. Mnemonic devices and engaging, interactive activities make word-building fun and easy, ensuring you retain the information you need for success.
- • An innovative word-building approach covers each word one by one, introducing the word elements first roots, combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes to help you easily decipher medical terminology.
- • Full-color illustrations and a streamlined layout helps you progress throughout the text, step by step.
- • A reading level, appropriate for all learners, makes concepts crystal clear.
- • Body Systems Connections tables identify interrelationships of each body system to give you a thorough understanding of each system.
- • Coverage features all aspects of healthcare, including diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and a strong focus on A&P and pathology.
- • Every body systems chapter includes complete medical records, word-building activities, and key terms.
- • Coverage of commonly used psychiatric terms and drugs.
New to this Edition:
- • Assignable “Word Element Table” activities in each body systems chapter, hundreds of new activities for students
- • “Documenting Health Care” activities” sections in each body systems chapter, emphasizing the role of the electronic medical record (EMR) in today’s health-care industry
- • Photographs of pathologies and medical procedures
- • Terms and procedures to reflect the most current information
Table of Contents