2016 © AHIMA Press
Susan White, PhD, RHIA, CHDA
Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Informatics
A Practical Approach to Analyzing Healthcare Data, Third Edition, offers guidance to healthcare professionals and health information management (HIM) students on how to best analyze, categorize, and manage the data that they encounter in an industry becoming ever more dependent on these tasks. With expanded and reorganized content on statistical analysis techniques, and new content on value-based purchasing (VBP) analytics and risk adjustment, this text applies broader principles of data evaluation specifically to the field of HIM. Updated and augmented online resources give professionals and students access to actual data sets and data analysis tools to use in their studies, and an Analysis in Practice section added to each chapter facilitates hands-on experience working with data.
- • New content on value-based purchasing (VBP) analytics and risk adjustment
- • Analysis in Practice sections added to each chapter
- • Excel Data Analysis Toolpak Reference Guide with corresponding downloadable Excel data sheet
- • Updated Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) Examination Domains and Eligibility requirements
- • Chapter review exercises and answer key containing odd-numbered solutions
- • Answer keys designated as "instructor material" are only provided to verified instructors employed at schools with .edu email addresses. No exceptions will be made.
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Specialty Score: 2.2 Medical Education & Informatics
Table of Contents