Correlating with NATA Standards, Sports Medicine Essentials: Core Concepts in Athletic Training & Fitness Instruction, 3rd Edition introduces essential skills in Sports Medicine, along with its growing number of career choices. Key topics address fitness assessment, conditioning, emergency preparedness, injury management, therapeutic modalities, nutrition, ethical and legal considerations, and much more. Students will explore careers in fitness instruction, athletic training, exercise physiology, sports management, and even physical therapy, while practicing important, job-related skills. More than a text, this unique hands-on learning tool asks students to perform essential skills, such as taping injuries, researching sports medicine supplies and their costs, and even forming a mock safety committee to mitigate injury risks to athletes. Sports Medicine Essentials: Core Concepts in Athletic Training & Fitness Instruction, 3rd Edition gives students VIP access to the fast-paced world of Sports Medicine.
- • Updated information on MRSA, sickle cell, heat illness, concussion standards, and nutrition, as well as new CPR and First-Aid guidelines, coverage of X-Rays and MRIs, and the latest in emergency actions preparation.
- • Videos of cadavers assist in identifying parts of the anatomy and the common injuries that affect each, while footage of evaluations reinforce identification of common sports-related injuries.
- • Available on the book’s website and embedded in the eBook formats, the collection of video vignettes walk students through all evaluations and taping procedures, and includes references to relevant social media for follow-up information.
- • All new topics for the 3rd Edition include school fundraising, marketing and sales, biomechanics, fitness training, and others.
- • In addition to interactive eBook formats, technology supplements available with the 3rd Edition include a website with videos and YouTube links.
Features and Benefits:
- • Incorporates anatomy and physiology in lessons, establishing a strong foundation for next-level training and studies.
- • Key information relating to the National Athletic Trainers Association certifications helps students identify must-know topics for testing.
- • Complements a wide variety of learning styles with text and eBook formats, colorful artwork and photos, hands-on enrichment activities, a supplemental workbook, and much more.
- • Detailed look at the many career possibilities emerging in the sports medicine field, including academic requirements and professional certifications needed.
- • In addition to photos and illustrations, the book includes step-by-step instruction on taping athlete injuries, vital signs assessments, conditioning exercises, and other critical trainer skills.
Table of Contents