Rely on this comprehensive, curriculum-spanning text and reference now and throughout your career! It focuses on the rehabilitation management of adult patients, integrating basic surgical, medical, and therapeutic interventions to explain how to select the most appropriate evaluation procedures, to develop rehabilitation goals, and to implement a treatment plan.
The 6th Edition has been completely revised and updated to reflect the art and science of rehabilitation practice today. Now in full-color, you’ll find a new streamlined, easy-to-reference design with even more photographs, illustrations and tables.
• Incorporates current research in basic and clinical sciences of physical therapy examination and treatment procedures.
• Features “Evidence Summary” boxes that evaluate current research on specific topics and support evidence-based practice.
• Enhances critical thinking skills with review questions and clinical case studies with suggested answers available online.
• Covers strategies for improving motor control and motor learning, neuroplasticity and intensive task oriented training, locomotor training, fall prevention, and technologies (virtual reality, body-weight support and treadmill systems, robotics, prosthetics, orthotics, wheelchairs)
• Integrates the examination procedures, goals, and interventions presented in APTA’s Guide to Physical Therapist Practice.
New to this Edition:
• NEW! Now in full color!
• NEW! Contributions from expert clinicians.
• UPDATED! Recall questions at the end of every chapter.
Additional Resources from the Companion Website:
• Answers to Questions from Chapter Text
• Suggested Answers to Chapter Text Case Study Guiding Questions
• 13 Case Studies with Video Clips
• Over 90 minutes of narrated, full-color video clips show actual clinicians treating actual patients. You'll see the initial examination, interventions, and outcomes for a variety of conditions commonly seen in rehabilitation settings.
• Written Case Studies to Accompany Video Clips
• Suggested Answers to Video Case Study Guiding Questions
• Image Bank (690 Figures)
• Chapter Test Bank
• Physical Therapy
• Physical Therapy Assistant